Central Collegiate Hockey Association Internship
The Central Collegiate Hockey Association is an 11-member NCAA Division I hockey conference based in Farmington Hills, Michigan. The CCHA began in 1971-72 with four members and has grown as far west as Fairbanks, Alaska.
University of Alaska Fairbanks
Bowling Green State University
Ferris State University
Lake Superior State University
University of Michigan
Michigan State University
Northern Michigan University
University of Notre Dame
Ohio State University
Western Michigan University
The CCHA summer internship, an unpaid position, runs for four months, beginning in May and concluding in August. The fall internship, a paid position, begins in mid-September and concludes in mid-April. Interns are expected to commit 25-30 hours per week during the season, including Friday and Saturday nights and weekend mornings.
The position reports directly to the Communications Manager and assists in the day-to-day operations of the CCHA, including media and public relations, publications, administration, marketing and event planning.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Writing and editing press releases
- Maintenance of league web site
- Support for television and radio broadcasts
- Statistics and record keeping
- Writing and editing league publications
- Planning and managing end-of-year banquet and awards program
- Planning and managing league championship at Joe Louis Arena
- Writing feature stories
- Organizing and execution of the Hockey Day in Michigan initiatives
- Assisting in marketing initiatives
Candidates should have a background in college athletics with experience in sports information, athletics, administration, journalism and/or other similar experiences.
Candidates will have excellent writing and communication skills, as well as a working knowledge of two or more of the following programs: Microsoft Word, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Access.
Please submit the following:
1. A cover letter describing your reasons for applying and why you are qualified for this position.
2. A resume detailing experience in sports information or related fields, education and employment.
3. Two writing or publication samples, if available.
4. One written recommendation and two additional references with telephone numbers.
Application and support materials for the summer internship must be received via email (email@example.com) by Friday, April 15, 2011.
The season-long internship application and support materials must be received by mail only by Wednesday, June 15, 2011.
Applications should be mailed to:
Central Collegiate Hockey Association
23995 Freeway Park Drive
Farmington Hills, MI 48335
Please direct questions to Phil Colvin at (248) 888-0600 or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).